The training organization
Drone Tech trains in the use of drones, their applications (specific software) and their integration into the airspace.
Our training organization is datadocked and obtains very valuable results (Lifeguards of Saint Paul, Piton de la Fournaise Observatory, geometers, video makers).
Le GRETA (Continuing Education Branch of the National Education) has been seduced by the qualitative pedagogical approach and now offers training in professional remote piloting through Drone Tech.
The instructors are experienced and trained in training.
The training can be in French and English. We are currently working to make it available in Portuguese.
The strong point is its ability to adapt to the needs of candidates in their professional environment.
Legal references from which the following program is built.
The programme is based on Decree No. 2018-67 of 2 February 2018 on the training required for telepilots using civil aircraft operating without persons on board for purposes other than leisure, the Order of 18 May 2018 on the training of telepilots, the Orders of 17 December 2015 on the design and use of unmanned aircraft and the Act on enhancing safety in the use of civil drones (LOI No. 2016-1428 of 24 October 2016).
This training to become a remote pilot is necessary for the declaration of activity and the drafting of the MAP (manual of particular activity), you will be given at the end of the training a certificate of training course for the drafting of your DNC (declaration of competence level).
I. The target audience and prerequisites
Public private or public
Anyone aged 16 years or over, with good body comfort and good use of vision.
Level A2 European code
II. The pedagogical objectives of the training
The main areas of work will allow participants to :
- Piloting an unmanned aircraft (drone) to carry out an aerial activity (photography, spreading, research and...) according to technical (battery management, weather etc...), operational (flight plan etc...) parameters according to the current aviation regulations and the rules for the protection of property and persons in scenarios S1, S2 and S3.
- Lead a team of cameramen and security guards.
The specificity of this training is to prepare future telepilots for the variety of different missions they will face.
III. Pedagogical methods
The training courses are offered in classroom and distance learning for drone theory and only in classroom for practical use.
A telephone interview and/or an exchange by e-mail makes it possible to present and adapt the training methods to each candidate for the internship.
This exchange makes it possible to determine the most appropriate training methods according to the candidate's preferences and constraints :
- Schedules and locations of face-to-face training.
- Training during or outside working hours.
- Individual or group training.
- In-house or inter-company training.
The training is built according to the particular needs of the learners, needs established before the training agreement.
IV. Pedagogical and technical resources
- Classrooms equipped with an overhead projector chosen according to the needs and constraints of the participants.
The classrooms can accommodate up to 8 or 10 participants.
- The power points used to support similar theoretical courses in terms of content as the materials used in the classroom are sent by email or given on a USB key to learners at their request..
- Theory books are provided and kept by students at the end of the course.
- Progress booklet.
- Registration of each participant by the training organization a training platform and follow-up of each participant's attendance on it.
- 4 drones multicopters (mavic pro, phantom, inspire 2, mikrokopter).
- 5 school drones (hubsan).
- 4 sensors
- Immersion glasses
V. The method of monitoring actions
The drone theory is continuously evaluated :
- At the beginning of each session our trainers ask the trainees questions to identify if the notions of the previous session have been well understood.
- On the training platform, trainees practice answering standard MCQs such as the examination for the theoretical certificate of suitability for remote pilot training issued by civil aviation.
The drone practice is evaluated at each session by putting the trainee in autonomy on the notions discussed in the previous sessions.
A progress booklet is established for each trainee: The progress booklet makes it possible to monitor and certify the acquisition of practical skills. It contains detailed and regular progress reports prepared by the trainers and including evaluations to assess progress.
A skills assessment will be developed at the end of the training sessions in accordance with Chapter IV mentioned below.
VI. The course of the training
The program is structured over 2 or 3 days per week for 4 weeks :
- A morning of theory composed of :
- 9 sessions of 4 hours each over 5 weeks.
- That is 36 hours of classroom training.
- With an additional 60 hours of telework over 4 weeks produced by the learner.
- A practical afternoon :
- 35 hours of training per learner including exercises on enforcement, remote piloting and active observation.